Up to 1,700 people will take part in the Kingscliff Triathlon around Cudgen Creek from 6:25am until 12:30pm on Saturday.
Road closures will be in place for the event between 5am and 12:30pm:
- Marine Pde – between Moss St and Seaview St from 5am to 12pm and between Seaview St and Wommin Bay Rd from 6am to 11am
- Wommin Bay Rd – between Marine Pde and Chinderah Bay Dr from 6am to 11am
- Chinderah Bay Dr – Bangalow St and Chinderah Village Caravan Park from 5am to 11am
- Pearl St – between Turnock St to Seaview St (Southbound only) from 6am to 11am
- Moss St and Sutherland Point Rd from 5am to 12:30pm
- Sutherland Point Rd at Salt to creek mouth from 6am to 12:30pm
- Cudgen Creek Boardwalk from Salt to creek mouth from 6am to 12pm
- Murphys Rd from 5am to 11am
- Sutherland St partially closed between Viking St and Sutherland Point Rd from 5am to 11am
During the closure periods, motorists will need to exit the M1 Pacific Motorway at Waugh St to access Fingal Head and exit at Tweed Coast Rd to access Kingscliff.
Roads in the area may be busier than usual. Motorists should allow extra travel time and follow the directions of traffic controllers.Exercise caution. Allow extra travel time. Visit transportnsw.info to plan your trip. Last checked at 12:44pm.